Activism in USWA and Other Worker Organizations
Marion Polakov was involved with union activities her entire working life. At 17 years old, she helped to organize steel workers at Republic Steel’s South Park Avenue plant to participate in the “Little Steel Strike” of 1937.
She continued this union involvement in many committees and conventions, including:
- Steel Worker’s Organizing Committee
- United Steelworkers of America District 4
- USWA’s District 4 Workman’s Compensation Committee
- Wage and Policy Convention
- AFL-CIO Special Convention